Virtual events are not new, in fact, they have been very popular for the last decade due to the growth of our growing digitally led world.
Can you believe it was 1993 when the world’s first livestream brought us nail-biting webcam footage of a coffee maker in mid drip. The streaming pot brewed up millions of views.
Innovations in tech and social media upgrades have opened the door to new ways to connect online, from virtual museum tours to live conferences, parties and events, the opportunities are endless.
As each of us adjust to the new normal, organisations and brands can still come together with their customers in the virtual sphere. It is a great opportunity to drive community engagement, stay in touch with your customers and continue to grow your brand.
Whether you have an event already in mind or you’re looking for ideas, the team at Maven Media are here to help. Here is our tips to virtual events:
A virtual event is any organised meet-up that takes place online rather than in a physical location. These events can range from small question-and-answer sessions, brain storming session with your peers, to large-scale conferences with thousands of attendees.
Here’s is just some of the different kinds of online events your company can host:
- How to tutorials
- Training courses
- Conferences and shows
- Behind the scenes tours
- Live performances
- Parties and celebrations
There are a number of ways to host a virtual event. Here’s just some of the different formats along with some of the best virtual events platforms you can use.
Other online discussion tools include:
- Discord: Free voice and text chat mostly used by gamers.
- Reddit: A discussion forum popular for AMAs.
- Slack: An instant-messaging platform good for organizing chats.
The ephemeral approach to live events works with:
- Instagram Stories
- Facebook Stories
- 6connex: Available on any browser or device, with no download required. Features include flexible registration, social media integration, and real-time analytics.
- Crowdcast: Can be joined through a single URL. Tools include built-in registration forms, analytics, replays, and more.
- Demio: Allows for pre-recorded or live webinars—or a mix of both. Includes private chat, interactive polls, call-to-action buttons, and other features.
Social livestream platforms include:
- Instagram Live
- Facebook Live
- LinkedIn Live
- Twitter Live
- YouTube Livestream
Conferences and networking
- 6connex: Exhibitors can create virtual booths, compete for leaderboard positions, livestream, and chat with this virtual trade show platform.
- Brella: Speakers, multitrack agendas, sponsors, individual streams, and more are taken care of with this hub for virtual conferences.
So, you have a great online event idea for your brand, but how do you make your audience engage and really fee apart of it?
Mavens Live Digital Photo Mosaic is a great way to bring your online community together and feel a part of your brand, even during times of lock down.
How it works:
- We create a piece of art to represent your brand
- You drive a social media campaign to get your customers to get involved – this could be something as simple as a selfie competition or support your local key workers campaign
- Your customers, send their image using a unique campaign hash tag to Instagram, Whats App or email
- Their image is added to the live digital mosaic throughout the campaign
- When all images are received your customers make up the final mosaic artwork for you to use on your own digital platforms.
Ready to host your first virtual event or digital community engagement campaign? Contact our creative team and let us make it even more memorable.